Our vision is based on the teaching of Jesus expressed in John 17: that all may be one. We work and pray for the union of neighbor with neighbor and neighbor with God. This creates a circle of relationships, which leads to a vision of community, human and non-human, in a whole Earth within a glorious universe.
When all is one, violence, injustice, oppression, greed and hatred are not in the realm of thought and action. To harm another is to harm all – to harm oneself – and to lose sight of the God whose creative love sustains everything.
To bring about this unity, Sisters of St. Joseph work individually and together, joining with national and international groups to alleviate the conditions which cause poverty, suffering and oppression. We raise our voices to proclaim a vision of unity in response to situations and conditions that threaten our life as a global community.
Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation Committee
This group works with Sisters of St. Joseph and Associates to provide information and respond to local, national, and global peace and justice issues in keeping with:
- Our mission “to live the reconciling, unifying mission of Jesus”
- Justice as integral to our charism of unity and reconciliation
- Our commitment “to confront violence in ourselves and in our society”
- The social justice teachings of the Catholic Church
- A deeper appreciation of the universe story and the care of Planet Earth
Sisters of St. Joseph actively support enactment of a national immigration policy that is just and comprehensive. Read the Sisters’ U.S. Federation’s public statement on immigration.